Pages Tab

Monday, May 14, 2012

Paint Sample Madness

Awhile back my husband and I repainted our bedroom because we hated the color. At the time I did not understand the importance of paint samples. My husband and I picked out a color for our bedroom and foolishly we did not test any other colors. We looked at a ton of paint chips and we thought there is no way we could go wrong with the color we picked. Well let this be a lesson to us, the color we picked was a bad choice. When our friends came over to see our freshly painted room, I could tell that they were not in love with the color either. Live and learn I guess.  At some point we plan to repaint our bedroom, but I will get to that later.

Why I am talking about paint samples? I am in the process of picking out a paint color for my bathroom makeover. Recently I shared with you my Ugly Bathroom Remix, which included some possible paint options. In order to avoid picking a bad color, I am testing out a few paint samples. After the bad painting experience with our bedroom, I am now all for testing a few different paint colors before starting a project.

In my Ugly Bathroom Remix post I mentioned that I was torn between two colors. Well now I am torn between three colors. Let me give you the run down:

Color option #1: Behr Ultra Soothing Celadon
Color option #2: Behr Ultra Frozen Pond
Color option #3: Behr Ultra Chinese Jade
(If you are interested in any of these paint samples, they all can be found at Home Depot)

Bathroom Paint Samples
Bathroom Paint Samples

I love each of these colors. I do plan to give myself a bit of time before I figure out what color I want to use. I am also taking suggestions. Use the pole to cast your vote.

3 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd color but how does it look around your sink/vanity area. Are they white as well and what color are your cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I remember of your last post I think you had a darker vanity .... If so I'd go lighter on the walls (option 1)... but if you decided to paint your vanity white (which I think will look super sharp, clean, and modern) you should paint the walls option #2 gray or even #3 green. The color contrast between the walls and the vanity will look great! Can't wait to see what color you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great advice. I do want to paint the vanity white, but before I can do that I have to talk my husband into it first.

    ReplyDelete