Pages Tab

Monday, April 23, 2012

Ugly Bathroom Remix


I’ll be honest with you; I really haven’t done much with our bathroom since we have moved in. The evidence is all in the pictures.

Before Pictures of Bathroom
Ugly Bathroom
Now since I have just shared my ugly bathroom with the World, let me explain my ideas for beautifying this bathroom. First let’s go over the to-do-list:
  • Paint the bathroom walls
  • Do something about the back splash around the sink
  • Update the tile around the bathtub
  • Change out the bathtub faucet
  • Update the shower curtain, bathroom rug and towels
  • Change out the window blinds

These are the big items. I am sure that I missed something, but I will figure it out along the way. Now, for the overall design I created a design board to show you my vision.
Bathroom Design Board
Bathroom Design Board

Here is the breakdown:
  1. Shower curtain, bathroom rug and towels – I found an awesome shower curtain at West Elm that I am in love with. The colors and the design really tie into my overall look. Both the bathroom rug and towels are from target (FYI - I LOVE Target). I found a turquoise rug to match the shower curtain. I want to add in more color with the towels, which is why I picked out colorful design. 
  2. Paint – I want to use a light color for the walls because the bathroom is small and narrow. I found a ton of great colors, but right now I am torn between two colors: Soothing Celadon or Offshore Mist. Both of the colors can be found at Home Depot. I still need to get test samples, so it is anyone's race right now.
  3. Tile – Subway tile please! I want to go with a light brown tile that I found at the Tile Shop.
  4. Faucets – If I had to guess I would say that the bathtub faucet is original to the house. Our house was built in the early 50’s, so the bathtub faucet is close to 60 years old. Sorry faucet – your time has come and we are going to replace you with a younger model. Check out the new shower faucet here.

Whew…for a small bathroom, this will be a lot of work. The nice part is that this stuff can be done over time, which allows for us to save-up for those big items. I would love to get this done all in one shot, but the budget doesn’t allow for that. So sit tight, the bathroom updates will be coming your way soon.

What kind of bathroom updates have you done recently?



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,

      I lived in my house for 8 years and I have a small bathroom too. Actually you do not have the world's ugliest bathroom, I think that honor belongs to me. My bathroom is small and unfortunately I haven't had time or money to remodel it completely. Back in 2006, I had to replace the bathtub which was so much work. In 2010, I replace the pedestal sink not as bad as replacing the tub.

      Delete
  2. After all of the work that you have done on your bathroom it sounds like you no longer hold the title for World's Ugliest Bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to be updating this bathroom on your own? Or will you be hiring out for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For now our changes are small so we will just do it on our own. When it comes to the bigger things like tile, we may just hire someone to do that.

    ReplyDelete