Pages Tab

Monday, April 30, 2012

My New Friend Rusty


I would like to introduce you to Rusty. About two months ago I purchased Rusty, the Rustic Kitchen Prep Counter from West Elm. Everyone give Rusty a warm welcome.

I had to order Rusty online and delivered to my house because the nearest West Elm store is in Ohio. Once my order was delivered I quickly discovered that assembly was required. I won’t bore you with the details, but I am proud to say that I put Rusty together all by myself. I will admit there was some screaming and yelling during the assembly process, but overall it wasn’t too bad.

Empty Table
This is Rusty
After Rusty was assembled, he was moved into the dinning room. I gave my new table a quick wipe down and then I stood back to admire my work! I was a little nervous that during the assembly process I missed something and the table would come crashing down, but so far so good.  Now I am super excited to starting using my new table!

Before I jump into the decorating details, here are the reasons why I purchased Rusty:
1. I wanted something that I could use for dinning room storage.
2. Create a home for loose change and car keys
3. Display cute decorative accessories

With all that in mind, I went around the house and gathered up a number of items that might work. I tried out all of the items and several different configurations, and this was the one that worked the best.

Rusty All Dressed Up

That is better!

Accessories
I strategically placed items based on how much they will be used. On the top shelves I found this great growler that we can use for our loose change. I also paired the growler with a vintage piece I found at the Treasure Mart. I am still on the hunt for a cute dish that we can use for our keys. The middle shelves have some baking dishes that are cute display pieces. As you can see I use one to store dishtowels. The dinning table items (table cloth, placemats and napkins) all reside in the basket underneath. While this space is a bit untraditional, it works the best.

Of course over time I may find new items to add to the shelves, but for now Rusty is looking good. 

Do you have any new furniture that you have introduced to your house recently?

2 comments:

  1. Totally stealing your growler idea. I'm also looking for a cute little bowl for my night stand. Instead of putting keys in it I want it for my jewelry and glasses. My earing always somehow fall off the night stand. Have you ever been to Hobby Lobby? There is one on the corner off Hall Rd and Schoenherr and I think you would love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip. I don't think I have ever been inside a Hobby Lobby. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete